Welcome to my blog

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to visit my blog. Take care, stay safe and God bless!



Sunday, February 3, 2013

Injuries suck!

I'm two weeks out from the 2013 Austin Half Marathon and I am sad to report that I am only running at about 75%.  I managed to bust up my ribs in December (which took me out for about 5 weeks) and I sprained my ankle pretty bad on 25 Jan.  Today was my first run since the ankle sprain and it was the longest planned run of my training plan...  Let's just say that these injuries have taken me out of contention for a new Half Marathon PR.  I will be happy to keep it at or under 2 hours.

Well, here's a picture of my ankle after the sprain:

Yeah, it looks gross but I healed rather quickly, and I lived to fight another day (let's hope that day is 17 Feb 2013, race day).  

Well, I finished my 12 mile run today but it wasn't pretty.  The ankle held up fine but I hit a wall around 10.5 miles.  It's amazing how fast you lose endurance when you take some time off. I was on track for a new HM PR, but now I just want to remain injury-free and finish the race--period!  

Thanks for the get-well wishes and support.  It meant a lot!  Stay safe, spring is right around the corner!  

Happy running and God bless!
"Fight the good fight, finish the race, and always keep faith"
2 Timothy 4:7

No comments:

Post a Comment