Welcome to my blog

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to visit my blog. Take care, stay safe and God bless!



Friday, February 26, 2021

Please consider supporting a dear friend during some troubling times

Dear family and friends, 

I don't normally reach out to my audience like this.  The intent of my page has always been to raise awareness for fitness and provide help where I can.  Well, I am asking for your help with a dear friend of mine...  Ms. Tonia Page

Tonia is the heart and soul of my online running group, Zwift Long Distance Runners (ZLDR) and also serves as one of the Moderators.  She has previously led pace groups during group running activities and has helped many get their groove back with respect to fitness.  She is always managing team goals and output (I call her the spreadsheet master) during monthly running challenges and also assists with the upkeep of the team's Facebook page.  

In the past several months, Tonia has faced several hardships to include a long term hospitalization due to covid, unemployment, and recently eviction from her home (her previous landlord unethically tossed out all of her belongings, to include personal effects, furniture, and treadmill.  There is even an assault charge pending on the landlord as well, as she was trying to retrieve her belongings).  Tonia's treadmill was a huge part of her life.  It was her release from all of the anxiety and depression that was built up inside  (if you have ever suffered through depression or anxiety, you know how difficult it can be to cope with).  I for one have suffered with my demons over the years (as you can probably understand with my family's medical history with my son and personal injuries throughout my life).  

I understand that this has been a very trying year for many due to covid.  But, I ask if you could spare some change it all helps.  Please consider donating and helping an amazing person get back on her feet.  You can learn more about Tonia's story and also donate directly via Tonia's link here: https://gofund.me/19215c2a

Thank you and stay safe,

Happy running and God bless! 
"Fight the good fight, finish the race, and always keep faith" 
2 Timothy 4:7

No comments:

Post a Comment