Welcome to my blog

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to visit my blog. Take care, stay safe and God bless!



Sunday, January 1, 2012

So long 2011... Hello 2012!

Happy New Year everyone!

A year ago I started this page in an attempt to document my running while encouraging others to get out and run.  I’ve had some major set-backs with two knee surgeries and many other contributory factors slowing me down - “if I can do it, anyone can!

I closed out 2011 on a low note with a few runs - December’s mileage count was very dismal (only 18 miles) and I didn’t run at all in the month of November.  I only managed to run about 215 total miles in 2010.   But in 2011 I logged 732 miles, besting my yearly PR by over 517 miles!  Additionally, I was able to set about 19 new PRs last year!  I am extremely proud of three: 1. running a half marathon under 2 hours, 2. 732 miles for 2011, and 3. completing a Marathon!  I still can’t believe any of it!

I’ve got some big plans for the 2012…  I’d like to see that yearly mileage PR fall again and also finish a marathon under 4:30.  We’ll see…  For starters, I knocked out a short 4 mile run!  It was windy... 

Take care all, thanks for your support!  I hope you all enjoyed 2011 (especially the holiday season).  We wish you all our best for 2012!

Happy running and God bless!
"Fight the good fight, finish the race, and always keep faith"
2 Timothy 4:7

No comments:

Post a Comment