Welcome to my blog

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to visit my blog. Take care, stay safe and God bless!



Tuesday, September 25, 2012

1,200 Miles!

It's been a long time since I've posted anything.  I've been very busy but trying to keep up with the heat.  I surpassed 1,200 miles today (since my 2nd knee surgery in Oct 2009) with two separate runs of 1.5 miles each.  The first was in conjunction with a mock PT test.

The unofficial results were:
Waste: 33"
Push ups: 47
Sit ups: 55
1.5 Mile Run: 11:07 (5 seconds faster than my official time last year)
Score = 93.9
Not bad for 97f degrees.  I hope to break 95.0 next month when I take the official test.

I ran another 1.5 mile cool down run at a slower pace (and that's when I noticed that I surpassed the 1,200 mile mark).  So far, I've run over 240+ miles this summer (most of it in temps close to 100f degrees).  I am going to freeze my butt off when I get home...

Oh, almost forgot...  I ran the USAF Half Marathon (Deployed Location) on the 15th of Sep.  I really didn't train for it due to the heat but I managed to finish without dying.

Anyways, enjoy the weather wherever you are (I'm sure that it is nicer than ours).  I'll be home soon, can't wait!

Happy running and God bless!
"Fight the good fight, finish the race, and always keep faith"
2 Timothy 4:7

No comments:

Post a Comment