Welcome to my blog

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to visit my blog. Take care, stay safe and God bless!



Friday, October 5, 2012

Gear Review: Amphipod Handheld Runners Bottle



Hydration is a critical component in running performance and prevents heat-related illnesses and dehydration (which could ultimately lead to injury).  I've tried a variety of bottles, waste packs, and containers ranging from your ordinary commercial bottled water to a full-blown Camelbak.  One thing that I've learned is, I hate running with a pack (both on my back and waste). So, I ran across Amphipod's little gadget (no pun intended) and decided to give it a whirl.  

Amphipod has a lot of hydration products to choose from.  One of my favorites (which has replaced my waste pack) is the handheld runners bottle.  The one I use (similar to the one pictured below) is form-fitted to your hand and includes a neoprene band to provide a secure and snug fit.  It also has a zippered pouch for your ID, some cash and keys.  I ran with this particular item during the 2011 USAF Marathon and it survived the 26.2 mile test!  It holds 20 ounces of liquid (comfortably) which is ideal for mid-level distances and refills are a snap!  It is easy to clean and goes for around $20.    


(Amphipod handheld bottle)
 (Click image for full size)


Happy running and God bless!
"Fight the good fight, finish the race, and always keep faith"
2 Timothy 4:7

No comments:

Post a Comment