Welcome to my blog

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to visit my blog. Take care, stay safe and God bless!



Thursday, October 18, 2012

7.2 miles

I'm home!  And just in time; the fall colors are SO beautiful (I'll try to post some pics soon).

Well like I said, I just returned home from a 6-month hiatus overseas.  I learned a lot and made some awesome new friends.  The temperature here in Ohio is 30f degrees cooler than where I was, and today's workout is a testament of what difference the weather has on my training.

I was trying to run an average of 12-18 miles per week while deployed.  Temps hovered in the 98f-105f degree range (surprisingly enough, at night).   I quickly acclimated to the heat, but it was brutal!  I averaged anywhere between 9:30-11:00 min/mile pace.  Blah...

Earlier today, I ran one of my quickest 10K's to date (50:44, 8:10 avg pace) in 62f degrees (despite sporty winds, blowing at 17 and gusting to 28mph).  I typically prefer 50f degrees but today's 62f was much appreciated (vs. 92f from last week).  I finished up with a 1.0 mile cool down run...  Total of 7.2 mils on the day.  Not bad for my 1st run since my return!  Blessed and thankful

Anyways, the big take-away is that I am home.  I'll be sure to post more often and also review a few more gadgets (I am contemplating a new running gps wristwatch and also a pair of minimalist running shoes).

Thanks for stopping by.  Take care and stay safe!

Happy running and God bless!
"Fight the good fight, finish the race, and always keep faith"
2 Timothy 4:7

No comments:

Post a Comment