Welcome to my blog

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to visit my blog. Take care, stay safe and God bless!



Sunday, October 21, 2012

New Shoe Trials

OK, I have been contemplating minimalist shoes for a long time now.  I just couldn't let go of what was working for me (my Brooks Trance 10's).  The downside to the Trances - they are heavy as bricks!  Well, I took the plunge today and bought a pair of Brooks Cadence lightweight running shoes.  I have to admit, I am not fond of the new colors but I can get over cosmetics...

Anyways, as for any pair of running shoes, be sure to get a foot analysis done prior to signing away your first-born (these newer shoes are expensive).  We shop at Dick's Sporting Goods (loyal customers, hint-hint: willingly open to sponsorship) and they offer a 90-day return on running shoes (just in case you develop running pains).  Plus, the wifey had some coupons and rewards points (which netted a savings of over $30).  Thanks babe!

I was giddy like a school boy on his first date, anxiously awaiting my return home to try them out!  I have to admit, I wish I would've tried these shoes out much sooner!  I am very impressed with the weight reduction and fit.  They felt weird at first, but they quickly adapted to my feet (and psyche) as I pushed off for a short 1.5 mile test trial.  I finished the run and glanced at my GPS; I was impressed!  It is still too soon to tell, but I think I am on to something bigger and better (like new PR's).  Well, my first run in the new shoes popped one of my quickest 1.5 mile run times since my 2nd knee surgery (10:50).  It would be nice to get back in the 9's again...  We'll see.


I'll provide a more detailed analysis of these shoes when I log more time and distance in them.  Also, I should receive my new GPS wristwatch (Garmin 610) tomorrow (thanks to advice from a new found friend)!  I can't wait to wrap her around my wrist (the GPS, "get your minds out of the gutter!").  Pics of the new shoes:



Take care and enjoy the Fall!

Happy running and God bless!
"Fight the good fight, finish the race, and always keep faith"
2 Timothy 4:7

1 comment: