Welcome to my blog

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to visit my blog. Take care, stay safe and God bless!



Monday, October 22, 2012

Early Bird Gets Worm

I am not a morning person.  I typically won't run in the morning unless it is a race day or I'm forced to do so (IE: PT).  Well, I was up at 4:00 am and couldn't get back to sleep so I decided to go for a morning run ("yawn").

It was cold, the temp was around 50f degrees and the grass was damp.  I was a bit sore from yesterday evening's 1.5 mile run but stretched out to warm up the legs.  I set off for what I thought was only going to be 3-5 miles but I pushed on to 10K.  It took me 3 miles to warm up and I started to bonk after mile 6.  I noticed that I was on a 10K PR pace and kept pushing.

I tapped the stop button on my GPS and clocked in at a 48:48; a new 10K PR (besting my prior time of 50:20, set on June 27th, 2011).  I was amazed!  All credit goes to my new shoes (and that Red Bull I drank to jump start my heart).




One thing is for sure, the shoes do not hold up well to damp grass (they were quickly saturated when I crossed over the neighbor's lawn).  Scotch Guard will do the trick!  Otherwise, my initial thoughts of the new lightweight running shoes: "you can pry them from my cold, dead hands!"

I'll try to attempt a longer run later this week.

Take care and stay safe!

Happy running and God bless! 
"Fight the good fight, finish the race, and always keep faith"
2 Timothy 4:7

No comments:

Post a Comment