Welcome to my blog

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to visit my blog. Take care, stay safe and God bless!



Thursday, June 16, 2011

5 Miles

I had a really long day at work today but was still able to knock out a decent run this evening.  It is really difficult to train for two separate events: the marathon and a 1.5 mile run (both at different goal paces).  My goal pace for the marathon is 8:30-9:00 min/mile and my goal pace for my 1.5 mile run is 7:00-7:30 min/mile (or better)

So, what I’ve been doing lately is running my first 1.5 miles at a target goal pace of 7:30 min/mile (or better) and then kicking back to my marathon pace.  One thing I’ve noticed is I have been fatigued a lot quicker and tank by mile #5 or #6…..  I want to maintain 4 runs per week (avg 20-30 miles) without having to add any additional shorter/faster paced training runs…..  Any suggestions?  

Splits:
#1  7:01
#2  8:04
#3  8:25
#4  8:46
#5  9:11

5 @ 41:28 (8:18 pace).  Today’s 1.5 mile time was 10:40 and my 5K time was 10 seconds over my PR @24:03; bummer…..  Oh well, good run and excellent dinner waiting for me tonight!  Woohoo!

Grilled chicken and mixed veggies, black beans and salad!


(click image for full size)




Happy running and God bless!
"Fight the good fight, finish the race, and always keep faith"
2 Timothy 4:7

No comments:

Post a Comment