Welcome to my blog

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to visit my blog. Take care, stay safe and God bless!



Monday, June 20, 2011

Catching Up

Saturday, 18 Jun 2011 Buck Creek State Park, OH
Well, I missed a few runs due to our vacation to Disney.  I was able to squeeze in a 7-miler there but was WAY behind on my long runs (I missed two planned 10-milers).  Well, today was a planned 12 miles but I decided to trim it down to 10.  So, I took off for my 10 mile run but had to stop at 7.8 miles due to a calf cramp (a repeat issue). 

We are camping out at Buck Creek State Park (near Springfield, OH) this weekend with friends.  The weather is hot and humid and we were hit with a line of thunderstorms that brought some decent rain.  The rain cooled off the temps about 10 degrees but we were confined to our camper…..  Anyways, the park is VERY nice and clean with a decent sized recreational lake.  There are plenty of campers here enduring the weather with us…..  And, there is plenty of asphalt for runners and bike riders!  Definite recommendation if you are near Springfield, OH. 

I wasn’t too pleased with my pace today.  I took off early and was already hit with warm and humid weather.  I was completely drenched with sweat halfway through my run.  The winds kept me cool but the skies were clearing and the temp rose…..  I was doing fine up until the 8 mile point, where I experienced a calf cramp and stopped for a quick stretch.  I took off again but the cramp persisted so I terminated my run. 

Splits:
#1  8:47
#2  8:49
#3  9:00
#4  9:07
#5  9:24
#6  9:45
#7  9:56
#8  10:21

7.8 @ 1:13:07 (9:22 pace). 

I have a couple of days off so I will try to rest and recuperate. 

Buck Creek State Park, OH


(click image for full size)

Monday, 20 Jun 2011
Today’s run was ok despite the rain.  My calf was fine up until the 3.5 mile point but I was able to finish my planned 5 mile run….. 
Splits:
#1  7:46
#2  8:12
#3  8:30
#4  9:06
#5  9:09

5 @ 42:49 (8:33 pace).  Not my best (but not my worst either).  Take care and thanks for the visit!  

PS: Today marks my 100th run this year!  


Happy running and God bless!
"Fight the good fight, finish the race, and always keep faith"
2 Timothy 4:7

No comments:

Post a Comment