Welcome to my blog

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to visit my blog. Take care, stay safe and God bless!



Friday, September 23, 2011

Columbus Week #1 Complete!

Today’s 6.2 mile run completes week #1 of my Columbus half-marathon training plan.  I was able to add extra mileage this week despite having run the marathon last Saturday.  Recovery was quicker than expected, and I ran really well today!  I started off at a decent pace but it fluctuated throughout the workout…  Mile #5 was by far my best today but I am trying to get in sync with a 9:00 min/mile pace, so this fluctuation only means that I need to work on a better rhythm next week…

Splits:
#1  8:47
#2  9:00
#3  8:58
#4  9:05
#5  8:33
#6  9:07
#7  8:58 .2 miles

6.2 @ 55:21 (8:55 pace overall).  Again, this was a really good run but I need to work on a consistent pace.  I have plenty of time, stay safe and have a great weekend! 

PS: I would like to wish my two oldest sons, Tyler and Brandon, happy birthdays! Love, Dad 

Happy running and God bless!
"Fight the good fight, finish the race, and always keep faith"
2 Timothy 4:7

No comments:

Post a Comment