Welcome to my blog

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to visit my blog. Take care, stay safe and God bless!



Saturday, August 20, 2011

18 Miles


I set off for my planned 18 mile run today and managed to get through 7.5 miles outside before I made the decision to finish my workout indoors…  It was extremely hot and the temp was quickly reaching 80f degrees…  I felt like I was getting ready to suffer from some heat-related illness too, so I decided to return home and finish my run on the treadmill…  So, doing my math; I had 10.5 miles to run on the “dreadmill.”  It was absolutely boring.  But I reached my mileage goal today. 

18 total miles @ 3:06:29 (10:21 pace), not including the 20 minute cool down for my "walk of shame" home; I was over a mile away from the casa...   

I cannot count this as a distance PR since it was actually two separate runs/distances…  I was able to work on pacing better on the treadmill though; historically, I’ve dropped significant time off my pace after the 10-12 mile point.  Although indoors, today’s 10.5 miles on the treadmill wasn’t easy…  I set the speed to 6.2mph with 1 degree of incline and finished at 5.8mph.  I guess the 7.5 mile run outside combined with the heat stress took a lot out of me.  

 I hope the temps start to cool off soon.  I have a 20 miler next weekend and I want to complete it all outdoors…  Blah… 

Four weeks until the marathon.  Have a nice weekend and be safe! 

Happy running and God bless!
"Fight the good fight, finish the race, and always keep faith"
2 Timothy 4:7

No comments:

Post a Comment