Welcome to my blog

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to visit my blog. Take care, stay safe and God bless!



Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Regrouping

I made a critical decision that I think will help me maintain a somewhat decent marathon training plan and also prevent any further (and potentially serious) injury…  Upon guidance from a friend, I modified my training plan and deleted a weekly maintenance run.  This gives me an additional rest day after my long run day…  We’ll see if I can get back on track and finish the full marathon in Sept (yes, we’re inside two months out). 

Today’s run was a planned 5 mile workout and I was able to tolerate the heat this evening after work…  I really need to get up early in the morning and knock out the runs but I  have been having trouble sleeping lately…  My allergies are acting up again and my circadian rhythm is off…  I’ll need to get back on a morning workout cycle for sure…  Also, my hydration plan hasn’t been all the great either.  Lessons learned, for sure…  I learned one thing for certain (a personal observation): blisters are much easier to run on after they pop (vs. when they are developing).  I could still feel the sting, but I sucked it up and just ran… 

Splits:
#1  8:51
#2  8:59
#3  9:32
#4  9:52
#5  10:32

5 @ 47:47 (9:34 pace). A comfortable run under a very hot sun…  And, I worked on the tan…  Take care.


Happy running and God bless!
"Fight the good fight, finish the race, and always keep faith"
2 Timothy 4:7

No comments:

Post a Comment