Welcome to my blog

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to visit my blog. Take care, stay safe and God bless!



Saturday, August 6, 2011

New Distance PR!

I set a new distance PR with today’s run.  14 miles is now officially the longest single distance I’ve ever run!  I wasn’t too happy with today’s run though, despite the new achievement; I felt very sluggish after mile #10 and was slowing off pace…  I was doing fine up until then (mile #10), but that’s when things started changing.  First, the sun came out and it was already humid!  The temp wasn’t too bad though and there was a slight wind to keep me somewhat cool. 


That’s not all…  I developed a blister at mile #12 but sucked it up and continued.  The biggest kick in the nuts was, the fact that I ran out of water…  I was about two miles from home and wasn’t about to quit.  I walked a ¼ mile just to regain focus then finished off the last mile with a slow jog.  It’s done, and I was thinking how crazy it would have been if I had to finish another 10 miles (for a total of 26.2 miles).  I’m trying to figure out that strategy…
Splits:

#1  9:28
#2  9:49
#3  10:02
#4  10:03
#5  9:52
#6  9:57
#7  10:18
#8  10:24
#9  10:41
#10  10:57
#11  11:08
#12  11:25
#13  12:20
#14  13:35

14 @ 2:29:56 (10:3 3pace).  I am aiming for an overall 9:30-10:00 min/mile pace.  Take care and have a great weekend! 



Happy running and God bless!
"Fight the good fight, finish the race, and always keep faith"
2 Timothy 4:7

2 comments:

  1. Not that I follow my own advice, but it looks like you need some nutrition around mile 10. Like maybe Nuun or Gu or something. I know on my runs my last 2 miles are usually much slower and it is also when I start wishing for potato chips (salt).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I have trouble following my own advise at times too... My nutrition hasn't been "on point" lately and I need to get it in gear! Gu energy gel to the reascue! ;p

    ReplyDelete