Welcome to my blog

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to visit my blog. Take care, stay safe and God bless!



Monday, January 17, 2011

4-mile treadmill workout

Tonight’s run was a planned 2 mile run but ended up being a nice, comfortable-paced 4 miler. I set the treadmill speed to 6.8 mph/2 degree incline (equivalent to 8:45/min mile pace) and just ran. Before I knew it, I was at the 2-mile mark and decided to continue. It wasn’t too bad at the 4-mile mark either, but I had to stop and get ready for dinner. Alicia is making one of my favorites – fajitas! That’s worth getting off of the treadmill anytime!


Well, I’m sure many of you wonder “how can one run on a treadmill for so long?” It’s boring I admit, but I would rather run in the comfort of my house (with my family in view) than outdoors in 35 degree temps! Oh don’t let me distract you from braving the outdoors & cold; I managed to run 80-90 miles last winter on snow and ice (something I’d rather not do ever again)!

As I type, I am reminded of a quote that I read one day from another runner’s blog. It goes something like this: “running is one of the best solutions to a clear mind.” I believe the author’s name is Sasha Azevedo. I did not know who this was until a few months ago….. Amazing story of courage, inspiration, and drive!

Well, back to the quote: running to clear your mind….. I have often returned home from long runs with thoughts of grandeur, mostly solutions to all of the world’s problems….. I neglected to jot them down - until now. And, today’s journal post reminds me how precious life is. Never take anything for granted, and enjoy every second! My family’s journey and experiences have taught me many wonderful lessons….. And, as I run on my treadmill today (in the comfort of my living room), I am constantly reminded of how blessed I am to see all four of my boys and my lovely wife in front of me. A runner’s scenery like no other!

Oh, forgot to mention that the heart monitor's battery died mid-run.  I think I had about 4 hours on it.  Looks like I will need to buy some more batteries, lots more!
Happy running and God bless! 2 Tim 4:7

No comments:

Post a Comment