Welcome to my blog

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to visit my blog. Take care, stay safe and God bless!



Tuesday, March 8, 2011

5 Miles at Work

Another 5 miles in the books!  I took off half an hour early today (for PT) and ran at work.  It was a much needed change because there’s slightly more “undulation” (that’s a golf term) at work than in the neighborhood…..  I was in the zone for the first two miles!  I reached the turn-point and realized why I was felling so good (on the outbound leg); I had a slight tailwind!  The wind hit me in the face immediately (as I made the turn back to the office) and I realized that I was in for a treat!  “Bring it!”
Today’s run was a nicely paced workout with decent hills…..  I’ve incorporated some incline to my treadmills workouts in the past but I have not been challenged yet on the road.  Unfortunately, I forgot my Gu energy gel today so I “bonked” at the end.  This was a huge mistake because my eating schedules have been off the past few days…..  I had a late lunch today (which made me feel “blah” during my run) and I’ve been hungry all day….. 

I totally let myself down from a nutritional perspective today.  I have rarely missed lunch (and snacks) but today’s schedule was all messed up!  I’ll need to do a better job of eating at my planned times.  This is important for many reasons and I am beating myself up for it!  I was adequately hydrated though…..
Keep up with your nutrition!  It will bite you in the rear FAST (especially on the longer run days).  Thanks for the visit and stay safe! 


Happy running and God bless!
"Fight the good fight, finish the race, and always keep faith"
2 Timothy 4:7

1 comment: