Welcome to my blog

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to visit my blog. Take care, stay safe and God bless!



Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Rain, No Shine.....

It rained on and off all day.  And of course, today was a run day.  So I ran.  In the rain…..   

I really don’t like running in the rain or cold, it’s getting very old.  I don’t like running on the snow or ice, it’s not that nice…..  I do like green eggs and ham though, especially on St Patty’s Day.  Really, I need re-assignment to somewhere nice, like San Diego.  Or Hawaii…..  I mean seriously, what do people from the “nice” locations get tired of; too much sunshine?  Not enough parking spots?  Come on, share the wealth…..  

Another 5 miles in the books and I am almost halfway through my training plan.  I am very surprised that I have been able to keep up with this plan despite all that is going on.  I’ve added some miles “here and there.”  But I’ve noticed one thing: my overall pace is getting slower throughout the course of training.  I don’t know what to do, is it the added distance (or am I “bonking”)?  I don’t feel burned out ~ that’s for sure…..  I just don’t have it in me I guess, and I feel that my “cruise control” is broke.    Good news though: I didn’t lose my Gu Energy gel today (I placed it inside my jacket pocket).  It was difficult to get to and open while running (and with gloves on). 

Anyways, I’ve added some more info to the other pages so please check them out if you have spare time.  I am also going to post tonight’s dinner: beef stew with pasta and sautéed spinach (tonight’s dinner brought to you by my friend and neighbor Andy, thanks dude)!  This is a perfect example of a well balanced meal (carbs, protein, and veggies)!   

Beef Stew w/pasta and sauteed spinach!
 (click image for full size)

Don’t forget your water (I drank two glasses of water mixed with a crystal light ice tea pack).  I’ll grab a pear and banana for dessert later…..  I’m slowly but surely working on my nutrition page…..  I’ll post more pictures and recipes later.  This website is consuming a lot of time but hopefully it will reach one or two people…..  Thanks for the visit and be safe!

PS Tomorrow is an off day then I race Thursday in the WPAFB St Patty’s 10K Fun Run.  Also, I have the Harrigan’s Tavern 5K Fun Run on Saturday…..  Then after the race, I'll grab a Guinness: "My Goodness, My Guinness!"   

Happy running and God bless!
"Fight the good fight, finish the race, and always keep faith" 
2 Timothy 4:7

No comments:

Post a Comment