Welcome to my blog

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to visit my blog. Take care, stay safe and God bless!



Tuesday, March 1, 2011

"Neighborhood Nickel"

Today was a long day. I spent about 3 hours this afternoon in meetings and couldn’t help but think how nice it was outside!  Today was a “no jacket” afternoon, with temps hovering around mid-50f with plenty of sunshine!  Today was also a run day and I was able to get home with plenty of daylight left for a comfortable 5 miler!  

To be completely honest, I really wasn’t motivated for today’s run…..  I spent a lot of time at the desk working several projects today and it just put me in a “blah” mood.  I made a promise with myself this year that I wouldn’t miss a run unless there was a family emergency or if I were injured…..  Today’s lack of motivation didn’t pass the test so I forced myself outdoors.  It was hard, but I’m thankful for it!

It wasn’t as windy today but I could feel the cold piercing my skin.  It didn’t take long for me to warm up though and before I knew it, I was already at the 3 mile mark!  I breezed through my first mile in what I call the “warm-up loop,” then took off for the 3 mile circuit…..  Traffic was busy today and I had to wait at several intersections (slowing me down).  I returned to the neighborhood and completed my last mile in the warm-up loop and finished just a few meters away from the house.  Perfect timing!  Well, accidental planning (but I’ll take credit for it today)

Anyways, I spent a few minutes cooling down and then something crazy happened; I sneezed.  And sneezed, and kept sneezing (around a dozen times)!  “I think it’s time to bust out the singulair!”  I had difficulties with my breathing rhythm today and my sinuses were on fire!  I don’t know if it’s the cold air or allergies…..  One thing is for sure, “I don’t need to get sick right now!”

I guess if there’s one thing for you to remember, it’s to “Keep on keepin’ on!”  I honestly didn’t feel like running today and I could have easily sat down on the couch and blew off the run; I am glad that I ran and feel so much better for it (physically and mentally).  Take care and thanks for the visit! 

Happy running and God bless!
"Fight the good fight, finish the race, and always keep faith" 
2 Timothy 4:7

No comments:

Post a Comment