Welcome to my blog

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to visit my blog. Take care, stay safe and God bless!



Sunday, March 20, 2011

Week #7 Underway

My back was hurting yesterday after the Harrigan’s Tavern 5K race.  I got home and iced my back, took some ibuprofen and got plenty of rest.  Although yesterday’s 5K yielded a PR (24:07 chip time), I have a feeling that today’s run was hindered by the lack of a rest-day.  It was definitely worth it though and I will register for the event next year!  No regrets…..

My back was feeling fine this morning but I was in no mood for the run.  I kept telling myself “today is a run day, today is a run day.”  I wasn’t at all motivated but I went through the motions anyway.  I stretched and took off for a planned 8 mile workout.  It was cold and windy (again) but I was warmed up and somewhat ready.
Well, I made it out into the neighborhood and found myself feeling pretty sluggish.  I didn’t bother looking down at my GPS much today because I just didn’t care.  I pounded out one step after another…..  I hit the 5-mile point and ate a Gu Energy Gel; “it hit the spot!”  I started feeling my second wind after the 8-mile mark and decided to knock out an extra mile.  I ended up finishing a little over 10 miles and threw in the towel….. 
My overall time was 1:35:44 (9:20 pace), which is pretty decent given I was returning after a race day…..  I am happy now that the run is over.  Unfortunately, I have a ton of work to do…..

Take care and be safe!


Happy running and God bless!
"Fight the good fight, finish the race, and always keep faith"
2 Timothy 4:7

No comments:

Post a Comment