Welcome to my blog

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to visit my blog. Take care, stay safe and God bless!



Wednesday, March 30, 2011

March Madness!


I hit another milestone today: monthly mileage PR of 108.5 miles (pictured below)!  My previous monthly best was set back in March 2010 with 86.5 miles…..  I have some big runs set for April and may be on track to set another monthly PR then (pending injury etc).  


 (click image for full size)

It was snowing all day (the non-stick variety) and today’s run was cold.  Thankfully it was a short maintenance run of only 4 miles.  I thought about extending another mile but I was tired.  I pushed it today and kept a decent pace for the first three miles.  My splits:

#1  7:40
#2  7:53
#3  8:13
#4  8:51

4 miles @ 32:47 (8:10 pace).  I was getting tired fast and realized that my body was not meant for speed over long distances.  For some this is not fast, but for me this is a decent pace.  At some point I will need to incorporate some speed-work to practice for my 1.5 mile run test.  I would like to run a sub 10-minute mile and a half…..  Or better.  My 1.5 mile PR is 9:17 set back in 1997.  I doubt that I will ever beat that!  But, records were meant to be broken!  

Take care, thanks for the visit and be safe!





Happy running and God bless!
"Fight the good fight, finish the race, and always keep faith" 
2 Timothy 4:7

No comments:

Post a Comment