Welcome to my blog

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to visit my blog. Take care, stay safe and God bless!



Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Blah Day

Today was a blah day.  I got home from work and took off for my planned 5 mile run.  I started feeling like crap at mile #4 and stopped (because I thought I was going to throw up).  I walked it off and went home.  I was feeling better after about a half mile walk then took it easy and jogged the rest of the way home.  It was a horrible run towards the end but I am feeling much better now. 
Splits:
#1  8:32
#2  8:35
#3  8:45
#4  9:15
#5  13:18 < walk of shame home…..

5 @ 48:40 (9:41 pace).  Today’s run wasn’t my best (but not the worst either). 

Well, that’s one part of the blah day.  We received a round of severe thunderstorms about an hour after I returned from my run.  This storm cell was moving at 50-55mph and was bringing some pain.  We experienced heavy rains, high winds and some hail.  We gathered up the kids and hunkered down under the stairs after the sirens sounded…..  It wasn’t fun but thankfully nothing happened.  Some were not so fortunate, and some of my coworkers took some severe damage….. 

I am ready for a shower and bed.  Thanks for the visit and keep safe!  There are more rounds of severe thunderstorm cells moving through the country. 


Happy running and God bless!
"Fight the good fight, finish the race, and always keep faith"
2 Timothy 4:7

No comments:

Post a Comment