Welcome to my blog

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to visit my blog. Take care, stay safe and God bless!



Monday, May 9, 2011

USAF Marathon Training Uderway!

Week #1
Today’s 3 mile run opens a new chapter in my life: my journey down a 26.2 mile path towards accomplishing a full marathon.  This 18-week training plan encompasses a two-phased approach totaling over 540 miles (see training plan below)! The stage is set for 17 Sep 2011, at the USAF Marathon held at WPAFB, OH!  I don’t know if my body can handle this distance but I will have a better idea somewhere in the middle of Phase II of my training plan (to make that determination).  Only time will tell and I will do my best to finish the race!  I hope to see you there, take care!  
PS: I registered for the 2011 Nationwide Better Health half-marathon in Columbus, OH (16 Oct 2011).  I have a score to settle with this race: I registered to run it last year but missed it due to an injury.....  I'd like to break 1:52:00 (and I know I can do better than 1:58:12 ~ Cincinnati Hills killed my pace)


Happy running and God bless!
"Fight the good fight, finish the race, and always keep faith"
2 Timothy 4:7

No comments:

Post a Comment