Welcome to my blog

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to visit my blog. Take care, stay safe and God bless!



Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Getting back in the Saddle

Very tough run…..  My 4-yr old has been battling mild fevers and has a bad cough (hopefully we can avoid a hospital stay).  I had to take care of some stuff at work last night after dinner, got home at midnight, and was back in around 6:30am.  I am definitely “Running on Empty” for sure, with about 5-6 hours of sleep in the past 48 hours.  I learned today that my oldest son knows how to whistle; where has time gone?  


Splits:
#1  8:26
#2  8:28
#3  8:54 < gas light on 
#4  9:27 < gas tank empty

4 @ 35:15 (8:49 pace).  It was definitely hot, and I think I was a bit dehydrated…..  I need to stay ahead on hydration tomorrow for sure.  Lesson for today: get plenty of rest, stay hydrated and avoid overworking yourself! 


Happy running and God bless!
"Fight the good fight, finish the race, and always keep faith" 
2 Timothy 4:7

1 comment:

  1. I hope the 4yo is ok.

    Good for you for getting out and running. I know I would've let it go by the wayside.

    ReplyDelete