Welcome to my blog

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to visit my blog. Take care, stay safe and God bless!



Monday, May 16, 2011

Week #2 Underway

What a blah day.  I couldn’t sleep last night due to a sore throat and I have had trouble with my allergies all day (which was evident today during my run).  All of the fresh cut grass is killing my sinuses and lungs…..  I had SO much trouble breathing today.  Additionally, Austin has been troubled with fevers (Brandon had fevers last week) and both Twins have a horrible cough (similar to croup).

Brandon had labs drawn today.  He made us all so proud, and here is why:
Brandon: “Mommy, I think today’s the day that I am not going to cry.” 
Mommy:  “Really?”
Brandon: “Yeah.”  
After labs….. 
Brandon: “See Mom, I didn’t cry!”  “Now, let’s go get my lollipop!” 

Priceless!

We are so proud and we pray for favorable lab results (as always, waiting on lab results are nerve-racking)! 

Tyler (my 6 year old) came home from Kindergarten on a “yellow” light today…..  I am SO UPSET!  He got a yellow light because he cut out of line to avoid another kid (who was annoying him by hitting him repeatedly)!  He wasn’t doing anything wrong but got punished for it.  He is so upset too because he has been on green light EVERY SINGLE day of the school year!  I may pay a visit to the school in the morning to discuss this issue with the gym teacher….. 



Well some bad news (and it was inevitable): my iPod Nano Died today…..  After one year and four months of reliable service, through 610 miles; you won’t be forgotten!  Now I have to go out and buy a new iPod Nano (I am not a big fan of the 6th Gen models either).  And of course, with a new model (and design) are new accessories and potential software issues…..  Surprisingly enough, I ran really well given the fact that my music quit on me today…..  I ran a great pace today and fell short of a 5K PR by only 14 seconds! 

Splits:
#1  7:25
#2  7:46
#3  8:10
#4  7:58
3.1 @ 24:07 (7:47 pace). 

Another issue (the most severe of the day), which I just learned of after my run, was the most recent update regarding our Cancer Buddy Zack Mayo.  We ask that you please pray for this child and their family, to ask for healing and comfort for a brave young boy!  Zack is fighting for his life and has been doing so for the past year or more!  Godspeed Zack, our prayers are with you!  To visit Team Mayo, please goto: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/wendymayo



It has been a very difficult day for many reasons…..  Having been down a similar path, we know how quickly life can change…..  Prior to Brandon’s Cancer, simple problems such as a broken iPod used to consume our thoughts and time (obviously for insignificant reasons).  Now, we are thankful for what we have and continue to cherish each and every minute.  Material possessions can be replaced…..  Life, however, is precious. 



Our thoughts and prayers go out to our Cancer Warriors! 

Happy running and God bless!
"Fight the good fight, finish the race, and always keep faith"
2 Timothy 4:7

No comments:

Post a Comment