Welcome to my blog

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to visit my blog. Take care, stay safe and God bless!



Saturday, May 28, 2011

Godspeed ^^Zack^^

I managed to add an extra mile to my run today.  It was a bit slower due to the hills but definitely a nice change of scenery. 
Splits:
#1  8:35
#2  8:42
#3  9:01
#4  8:58
#5  9:16
#6  9:25
#7  9:26
#8  9:27
#9  9:41

9 @ 1:22:38 (9:11 pace), definitely not one of my better long runs….. 

Unfortunately, It’s with a heavy heart, that we regret to inform you our buddy ^Zack^^ entered into Heaven this morning.  He was one of the bravest boys I’ve ever known and their family, one of the most devoted….. 
We learned of the news as soon as we woke up this morning.  Climbing out of bed for my morning run was rather difficult.  Today’s run was challenging enough with the rolling hills of Northern Kentucky, let alone carrying with me this extra weight and sorrow.  ^^Zack^^ was fighting many fights, one of them was Hepatoblastoma (the cancer that consumed my son’s liver over two years ago). 

Our thoughts, prayers and love go out to the Mayo family.  God bless you Ernie, Wendy and Nick.  Lord watch over ^^Zack^^ and comfort the Mayo family, embrace them during this most difficult time.  In your Heavenly name we pray, Amen. 

To visit the Mayo Family, please goto: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/wendymayo
(click image for full size)


Happy running and God bless!
"Fight the good fight, finish the race, and always keep faith"
2 Timothy 4:7

No comments:

Post a Comment