Welcome to my blog

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to visit my blog. Take care, stay safe and God bless!



Saturday, May 14, 2011

Week #1 Complete

I have to be completely honest with you all…..  I woke up this morning, well slept in until 9:30, and was in ABSOLUTELY NO mood for today’s run.  This thought has crossed my mind a couple of times before during my training, but I thought back to how I felt after the runs were over: glad I had run.  To make matters worse, I procrastinated so much this morning I missed my window of opportunity to run prior to the rain.  

 Oh well, week #1 of my 18-week USAF Marathon training plan is in the books!  Not bad having put in over 75 hours at work this week with about 12-14 hours of sleep in the past three days…..  Time to relax and watch some baseball; “Go Stros!”



Splits:
#1  7:56
#2  8:07
#3  8:14
#4  8:43
#5  8:43
#6  8:46
#7  8:46 < talk about consistency, lol

6.2 @52:14 (8:26 pace).  Not too bad for a rain run but it is over 2 minutes off my 10K PR…..  I would like to get my 10K down below 50:00 and my 5K in the 22:00’s.  Take care and be safe!

PS: I hit the 600 mile mark (post-knee surgery #2) with today's run.  And, I'm slowly creeping up on 400 miles for the year.....  "Can I get an AMEN!"

Happy running and God bless!
"Fight the good fight, finish the race, and always keep faith" 
2 Timothy 4:7

No comments:

Post a Comment