Welcome to my blog

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to visit my blog. Take care, stay safe and God bless!



Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Change Your Shoes!

It appears that ice, ibuprofen, elevation and rest did the trick; my foot felt so much better today!  Thank goodness, because I just started my training plan for the Flying Pig on Sunday and I can’t slow down! 

I have a theory as to what was causing my foot pain.  I never had trouble with running shoes before (nor have I experienced foot pain like this).  Over the course of my life, I’ve gone back and forth from Nike’s to Asics and New Balance brands.  Well, last year I tried on a pair of cushioning running shoes that convinced me to buy four pair…..  Those are my trusty Asics Gel Nimbus-11’s.  And to date, I’ve put a little over 300 miles on my 1st pair (both on road and treadmill).  So, a change was in order…..
Well, I removed my Nike+ sensor from the old to the new (dubbed Nimbus 2); a changing of the guard if you will.  And I began my 3 mile treadmill workout…..  Tonight’s run got off to a late start but finished strong!  I definitely felt the difference with the new pair! 
I set the speed to 7.2 mph / incline to 1 degree up for the first 2 miles.  I bumped up the speed to 7.5 mph for the next half mile then up to 7.8 mph for the last ¾ of a mile (I ran an extra ¼ mile just to ensure the shoes were broken in ~ mission accomplished)!  I think I cured my foot pain! 
Moral of the story: change out your shoes!  Thanks for the visit and take care! 
PS: I've logged over 300 miles since my 2nd knee surgery in Oct 2009 ~ I am truly blessed and thankful!

Happy running and God bless! 2 Tim 4:7

No comments:

Post a Comment