Welcome to my blog

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to visit my blog. Take care, stay safe and God bless!



Wednesday, February 9, 2011

For Zach

I got in late tonight from work but was able to accomplish these four things: I chased down and hugged my kids, kissed my wife, changed clothes, and ran 3 ½ miles.  Not bad for a half hour’s work!  Yes, I accomplished all of these steps within a half hour (give or take a minute or two); no more excuses like “I didn’t have time” or “I got home too late.”  Not today….. 
Well, two thoughts consumed my mind all day: 1. what do I need to accomplish at work and 2. How is Zach Mayo doing?  Zach went in for surgery today.  Zach is a buddy of ours whom we’ve only met once or twice in person.  He is fighting the good fight and has already endured so much at such a young age.  We are praying for you Zach, always!  Go Team Mayo!
I grabbed a quick stretch and hopped on to my mechanic bull (treadmill) for what seemed to be a lightning fast run!  I set my speed to 7.2 mph/1 decree incline for the first 2 ¾ miles then bumped up the speed to 7.8 mph  for the last ¾ mile stretch…..    I completed my 3 ½ mile run in just 29:00 flat!  I didn’t think anything of it until after I uploaded my run data to Nike’s website: today’s run was my fastest 5K to date!  I received an auto-generated, pre-recorded video message from the Nike+ team…..  I couldn’t help but laugh inside (because I had beaten my previous road record by 3 seconds).  Oh the small victories….. 
Anyways, today’s run flew by but I couldn’t help and think about Zach and all of our Cancer Warriors; they are truly amazing kids!  God bless our Little Warriors ~ thanks for the visit!
PS: Dear Mother Nature, please send us a warm breeze so I can run outside….. 


Happy running and God bless! 2 Tim 4:7

1 comment: