Welcome to my blog

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to visit my blog. Take care, stay safe and God bless!



Sunday, February 13, 2011

Week #2 Underway

It’s supposed to be 45f degrees today (the warmest in many days) and I was contemplating an outdoor run.  So I went outside to evaluate the situation.  The temp was around 35f and bearable.  The winds were howling at around 18-20 mph (which would make for a sporty first outdoor run) and as soon as I turned the corner (off the front porch) ~ “BAMM” I was hit with a wall of cold-piercing wind!  Eh, maybe next time….. 
This is week #2 of a 12-week, 243-mile program peaking at 12 miles with a week taper…..  So far, I’ve met or exceeded all of my training goals (distance and pace) but it’s not going to get any easier.  And to date, my training has all been indoors on a treadmill (which is not exactly as comparable to running outdoors).    I’ve incorporated various incline to compensate for hilly terrain but I’ve not exceeded 2 degrees (but will experiment with more).  The Cincinnati course is not flat…..
I stretched and began my planned 4 mile workout (aimed at an 8:30/min mile pace).  I started off my 1st mile at 7.0 mph/zero incline (warm-up) then bumped up to 7.3 mph/1 degree incline.  This was a comfortable setting so I decided to leave it there for the duration.  I made my mark of 4 miles and felt really good.  Everything was flowing (breathing, stride, and heart rate) so I decided to continue for another mile.  Unfortunately after a ¼ mile my left big toe started to throb as if the circulation was cutoff.  I ended my run after 4 ¼ miles at 36:30 (around an 8:30 pace) to check out my issue. 
I took off my shoe and discovered that my toe was bleeding (nothing serious).  It was good that I stopped though.  Otherwise, I got week #2 off to a great start!  I can’t wait until my next run on Tuesday!  Thanks for the visit and take care.  Have a great week. 

Happy running and God bless! 2 Tim 4:7

No comments:

Post a Comment