Welcome to my blog

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to visit my blog. Take care, stay safe and God bless!



Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Speechless and thankful.....

Folks, I am pleased to announce another 5K personal best!  I defeated my previous time by 13 seconds!  And, this run puts me over the “Century Mark” for 2011!  Yes, I’ve already logged over 100 miles running this year!  I never imagined my legs (especially my knee) being able to keep up.  At times it hurts, and sometimes I want to quit…..  But I cannot quit, not now.  Not EVER! 
I have to admit that today was a very demanding day.  Work is getting really busy and there are high expectations for all…..  We are performing amazing feats each and every day and I am so amazed at the amount of work my troops are giving!  I am proud to be their boss!  Thanks, keep up the hard work!  “Now, go do your spots!”    :)
I returned home late to knock out my run.  As I was saying, work was really busy today (and continuously piling up) but I had to run.  “Today is a run day,” I kept telling myself over and over again…..  I wasn’t going to talk myself out of a run because I got home late.  So, when I got home I ran.  And for some reason, I forgot to stop!  “Yeah, like that ever happens!” 
Well, my planned 3 mile run somehow turned into a 5 mile run…..  I have no idea how this happened but all I remember was staring at the empty space on my living room wall, pounding out each step and listening to my music.  I was also doing a lot of thinking (“yes”), about the many things I had to do at work, at home and for school…..  It seems as if it will never end.  Yet I ran. 
But an amazing thing happened to me at some point during my run.  I was reminded of all the pain and hardship that my son endured while going through treatment (chemotherapy, surgery, you name it).  I was consumed with so many emotions (like anger, fear, sorrow, and sympathy to name a few).  It channeled through me and I couldn’t control it…..  All cancer families know; these things happen without warning…..
Then, I looked over at my son (who was on the couch) and smiled.  Seeing him laughing and playing the Wii erased all of that hate, sorrow, and fear.  I looked down at my treadmill and realized that I was at 4 ½ miles!  I was only planning for 3…..  So I made it an even 5. 
I am at loss for words, but being speechless and thankful is a wonderful thing!  God is great! 


Happy running and God bless! 2 Tim 4:7

No comments:

Post a Comment