Welcome to my blog

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to visit my blog. Take care, stay safe and God bless!



Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The Phone Call

Two years ago on this very day, we received a phone call that changed our lives forever.....

It was an offer for Brandon's donor liver, and we had waited 61 excruciating days for that call.  Our family is eternally grateful for another family's decision to give this gift of life during their darkest hour..... We will never forget, and we pray for this family always. 

Recycle life, be an organ & bone marrow donor. There are many other families out there waiting for their phone call.....

I couldn’t sleep because of all the emotion behind that day (and this special week).  Brandon would later receive his transplant liver the following night (23 Feb 2009) and this was his chance at finally living a cancer-free life!  We carry the donor family’s legacy through Brandon’s life (and our own).  God bless and thanks for the continued thoughts and prayers for my son’s fight!

Today was my first morning run in ages…..  I knocked out 4.15 miles in 34:32 (8:20 min/mile avg pace).  Not too shabby for about 2 hours of sleep!  I plan on running another 3-4 miles this evening when I get home from work…..  Take care and thanks for the visit!  

Note: Another 3 miles complete (great pace too)!

Happy running and God bless! 2 Tim 4:7

No comments:

Post a Comment