Welcome to my blog

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to visit my blog. Take care, stay safe and God bless!



Friday, February 25, 2011

Week #3 Complete!

Week #3 of my half-marathon training complete (only 9 more weeks to go until race day)!  Today’s run ties the total number of recorded runs I accomplished last year (42 total runs).  Today’s workout also marks another huge milestone too; this week’s mileage total is my highest of the year, topping in at a little over 23 miles for the week….. 

I broke a 5K Personal Record this month, both on the treadmill and on the road…..   I ran a “mock” PT test and scored an “unofficial” 94.3.  I ran my 1.5 mile run at 10:47, which is my fastest 1.5 mile run since college!  I ran a near 8:00/min mile paced 3 miler (just missing the mark by 12 seconds).  

Sunday’s planned run is a 5 mile workout.  If all goes as planned, I will tie last month’s mileage total (68 miles) and have accumulated a little over 136 miles for the year!  I never imagined any of this…..  I put on some big miles last winter, but it all ended with hospital stays (for my son) and increased workload with work and school…..  All of this and it is only February?  I can’t wait until March!  Thanks for the visit and all of the encouragement; it fuels me…..

Happy running and God bless! 2 Tim 4:7

PS: Please keep my buddy Zach and the Mayo family in your thoughts and prayers.  Zach suffered a seizure today and is currently in ICU.  Our prayers are with you Zack, always!  

No comments:

Post a Comment