Welcome to my blog

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to visit my blog. Take care, stay safe and God bless!



Sunday, February 6, 2011

Sunday, Sunday, Sunday!

It’s Super Bowl Sunday, Sunday, Sunday!  We got the house cleaned, there’s a pot roast going in the slow cooker, and I knocked out a 5K run ~ life is good! 

Unfortunately, I woke up this morning to an unusual feeling in my left foot (something I’ve never experienced before).  I grimaced in pain with each step this morning and I had no idea why.  I quickly started researching foot pain and discovered that I may be coming down with plantar fasciitis, but whatever it is I wish it would go away – today!  I’ve always stretched before and after each run.  I’m scratching my head here…..  Just my luck!

This couldn’t have come at a worse time too; today I begin my 12-week Cincinnati Flying Pig half marathon training program.  I’ve been running a lot more frequently this year to recover from taking a lot of time off (I didn’t run in December of 2010 due to work, leave, and a back injury).  I never felt fatigued and have kept my runs down to around 3-4 miles (with one 5 miler).  I thought I’d be ready to begin an aggressive training regimen aimed towards lowering my overall time. 

Well, I consulted a friend who has experienced this phenomenon before and got some good advice.  I iced my foot, took some ibuprofen, and rested…..   Surprisingly enough, I felt fine after my foot “limbered” up…..  And if you know me (the stubborn side of me), you know that I would try to run anyways…..  And I did, but it felt great!  I knocked out a 5K run and felt really good.  Thanks for the advice Collins; I hope this is a minor thing.

Anyways, I ran a 5K at about an 8:40 min/mile pace. I didn’t bother bumping up the speed or increasing the incline today….. I get a day off tomorrow, possibly more if this foot pain persists. Hopefully in 12 weeks, I will be more than ready to run my 3rd official half marathon; I have high hopes this year! The first test is set for May 1st down in Cincinnati! Hope to see some of you there! Enjoy the Super Bowl and be safe! Thanks for the visit and take care.

PS: On a side note, I would like to let you all know how VERY proud I am of my wife.  She is in week 5 of a Couch to 5K program (C25K) and today she ran for 20 minutes straight!  I am SO proud of her, congrats babe, I love you!


Happy running and God bless! 2 Tim 4:7

No comments:

Post a Comment