Welcome to my blog

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to visit my blog. Take care, stay safe and God bless!



Friday, April 22, 2011

Week #11 Complete! One More Week!

Today’s run checks the box and closes week #11.  Only one more week, and my training plan is complete! 

I got home late from work and it had rained all day.  Of course, it had to rain on my run day.”  And, it wasn’t just your garden variety drizzle either.  It was pouring!  Not to mention the temps too (which were between 50f-52f).  “Thankfully the winds were light and variable.”  I was feeling fine up until the 4.5 mile point: my left foot went numb again.  I cannot figure out why it does this, but it is getting very annoying.  I don’t know.”

Well, I had suited up with the Adidas Gore-Tex running jacket…..  Blah.”  It kept me dry for about 10 minutes…..  I guess I’ll need to waterproof it again.  My shoes are completely soaked and currently in the process of airing out.  “No blisters though!”  My shoes felt like they weighed 5lbs each, and my clothes are completely soaked (compression/dri-fit material was of no use today).  Today’s run reminded me of last year’s Flying Pig…..  I guess I’m prepared for another “rain-run” if it happens.  C’mon Cincy, be good to me!”

Splits:
#1 8:01
#2 8:12
#3 8:19
#4 8:39
#5 9:12
#6 9:30
#7 9:12

6.2 @ 53:43 (8:40 pace).  It’s supposed to rain all next week (during my taper week) and the mileage will be significantly less.  I will try to maintain form, pace and condition during the taper week and also adhere to the plan (IE: no extra-curricular mileage).  I promise!”

I cannot believe what I have accomplished in the past 11 weeks.  Through a busy and hectic work schedule, non-stop excitement at home and abnormal, unpredictable weather; “I am VERY proud of what I have accomplished so far!  I am also very thankful for my family’s good health and lack of any major injuries during the course of training.  I don’t know what to expect on May 1st, 2011…..  But, one thing’s for sure, I gave it 110% and will do my best to break 2 hours! 

“Train like you fight, fight like you train!” 

We hope you all have a happy and safe Easter weekend!  Thanks for the visit, and i appreciate your support!  "Running for Brandon!"



Happy running and God bless!
"Fight the good fight, finish the race, and always keep faith"
2 Timothy 4:7

No comments:

Post a Comment