Welcome to my blog

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to visit my blog. Take care, stay safe and God bless!



Sunday, April 17, 2011

Week #11 Underway!

Sunday, 17 Apr 2011 Week #11
“Holy Winds Batman!”  Today was my last long run for the training plan and it was a hard fought battle.  I stepped out a little later than planned but I was well rested and ready to go!  I have been having trouble with my allergies lately so I started taking my singulair again.  It seems to help but I have noticed that the pollen counts have been high recently, and that is what I attribute to my runny, stuffy nose and non-rhythmic breathing during my last few runs. 


I took off with my trail belt packed with my cell phone and ID, two 10-ounce bottles full with water and two Gu Energy gels.  I do not plan on running with it in Cincinnati (due to all of the water stations).  I will revert back to my SpiBelt (for cell phone, ID and cash).  I hate running with so much gear but the pack rests comfortable on the lower portion of my back and stays secure. 

I didn’t have too much trouble with the winds (23mph gust 33mph) until I hit the open paths outside of the neighborhood.  I felt like I was running in place and was very frustrated.  I was trying so hard to maintain pace (despite the winds).  I managed to keep a decent pace up until mile #10, and I couldn’t fight the winds anymore.  I detoured through walking trails I’ve never run on before just to try to dodge the winds!  I hit my planned mark of 12 miles and continued on for 13.1 (because I was on track to break 2 hours, thus a PR).  Unfortunately, shortly after mile #12 my left knee started hurting so I stopped immediately and walked home.  Bummer…..

Splits:
#1  8:15
#2  8:35
#3  8:35
#4  8:02
#5  8:19
#6  8:49
#7  8:50
#8  9:00
#9  9:01
#10  9:25
#11  9:36
#12  10:07
#13  10:46

12.2 miles @ 1:48:32 (8:55 avg pace).  So, I will be taking some time off to recuperate for the race.  I am already on ice and ibuprofen and hopefully this will go away.  Thanks for the visit and have a great week!  “Two more weeks until the PIG!”

PS: Today's Gu Energy Flavor was Mint Chocolate, which was very yummy! 


Happy running and God bless!
"Fight the good fight, finish the race, and always keep faith"
2 Timothy 4:7

1 comment:

  1. Good job on the run and stopping immediately. So hard to listen to your body sometimes.

    ReplyDelete